Set after the events of Prince of Persia Classic, Prince of Persia The Shadow and the Flame continues the saga of the wanderer who was born a Prince. Now he must embark on an epic journey in search of his past that will redefine his future!
AN IMMERSIVE SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE
* Follow the epic storyline of the original game.
* Explore 14 levels rendered in visually-stunning 3D.
* Dive into 5 state-of-the-art environments.
A BRAND NEW COMBAT SYSTEM
* Discover an exciting new combat system with multiple enemies and tactical challenges.
* Unleash devastating combos and unlock even more powerful ones as you progress.
* Acquire new weapons for increasingly thrilling fight sequences.
INTUITIVE CONTROLS DESIGNED FOR TOUCHSCREENS
* Experience the highly-acclaimed Prince of Persia platforming gameplay.
* Choose between gesture-based touch controls or the classic virtual joystick.
* Perform fluid and acrobatic moves to overcome challenges, or go step-by-step with “Cautious Mode”.
3C [ Camera- Control – Character] Prototypes
I was associated with the game from its very first day. The major challenge in the initial phase of the game to adapt old desktop based controls and camera system to new touch screen based devices. I worked closely with design team to iterate through a number of touch controls systems which are intuitive and responsive for the touch devices. I was the part of the team which conducted the game test session for controls to finalize and refine the controls on the device.
Game Inventory and Shop System :
Created the complete backend for the game inventory system.The inventory system designed to save/load game items in the encrypted xml form and provide the other systems to buy/unlock/own given items.
Game Inventory and Shop UI
Created 3D shop and inventory UI supporting retina display and different screen resolutions on android.
Integrated the in-house plugins handling the in-app purchases for the game on iOS and Android devices
Social Media Integration.
Integrated facebook api using in-house social media sdk.
Tools and Technology
Game engine – Shiva3D 1.9.2:
This is what wiki say’s about shiva3d engine 🙂 .
ShiVa3D is a 3D game engine with a graphical editor designed to create applications and video games for desktop PCs, the web, game consoles and mobile devices. Games made with ShiVa can be exported to over 20 target platforms, with new export targets being added regularly.
Numerous applications have been created using ShiVa, including the Prince of Persia 2 remake for Mobiles and Babel Rising published by Ubisoft.
Most of the gameplay code in engine’s own Lua based API.
Plugin and SDK :
Plugins and SDK’s are in C++ and integrated inside the game with games plugin system.
For repository and version controls.
- Used agile development cycle, tested and debugged app.
- Used confluence for design and documentation.
- Used Jira for bug base and task tracking.